Why Are Filed Documents Not Available For Some Cases?
There may be a variety of reasons as to why filed documents are not available for some cases.
- The County charges on a per document basis and Trellis does not yet have access to the county’s filed documents.
- The County only makes documents available for purchase, in person, at the courthouse.
- The documents were filed before 2011, or prior to the county’s efforts to preserve documents digitally.
- The document and/or case is sealed.
- The filed document is no longer available through the court.
If you need help requesting documents in Los Angeles County, check out our page here.
You can always check out our current coverage here to see if we have documents available for a certain county.