There may be a variety of reasons as to why filed documents are not available for some cases.
- The County charges on a per document basis and Trellis does not yet have access to the county’s filed documents.
- The County only makes documents available for purchase, in person, at the courthouse.
- The documents were filed before 2011, or prior to the county’s efforts to preserve documents digitally.
- The document and/or case is sealed.
- The filed document is no longer available through the court.
If you need help requesting documents in Los Angeles County, check out our page here.