- Trellis Research Knowledge Base
- How to Search for Dockets on Smart Search
Smart Search Basics
- Boolean Operators for Smart Search
- About Documents, Generally
- Searching for Documents on Smart Search
- Downloading, Printing or Sharing Documents
- Documents Included with Your Subscription
- Enterprise Large Firm Customers: Deferred Billing Add-on for Document Purchases
- Setting Alerts on Document Pages
- Research Tips for Documents
Counsel / Attorney Research
- Alerts Overview
- Setting an Alert to Track Updates for a Specific Case Docket
- Setting Alerts to Track When New Case Dockets Are Filed
- Setting an Alert to Track When a New Tentative Ruling Containing Your Keywords Is Issued
- Adding Alert Recipients and Excluding Yourself from Alert Notifications
- Alert Settings
Party / Corporation Research
Motions & Issues Directory
State Rules Library
Court Comparison Add-On
Searching for Dockets on Smart Search
How to find a specific case docket on trellis.
Searching for a Specific Case - Watch Video
Dockets Overview/ Page/ Update Case - Watch Video
- Enter the keywords you want into the Smart Search search bar at the top of the Trellis homepage (such as your legal issue, motion type, judge, opposing counsel, etc.).
- Use Boolean operators with your keywords to focus your search, such as AND or OR.
- Select one or more states you want to search in (CA, NY, TX, etc.) using the dropdown menu to the right of the search bar. When you have a particular state selected, you are searching across the state trial courts of that state.
- Click on the Dockets tab to review the results of your search.
🌎 Don’t forget to check our Coverage page to see which states and counties we cover, including which counties currently have documents on Trellis. We acquire new data and jurisdictions daily. If we currently do not have the county you need, please recommend it here. We use these to prioritize new counties.