- Trellis Research Knowledge Base
- How to Search for Rulings on Smart Search
Smart Search Basics
- Boolean Operators for Smart Search
- About Documents, Generally
- Searching for Documents on Smart Search
- Downloading, Printing or Sharing Documents
- Documents Included with Your Subscription
- Enterprise Large Firm Customers: Deferred Billing Add-on for Document Purchases
- Setting Alerts on Document Pages
- Research Tips for Documents
Counsel / Attorney Research
- Alerts Overview
- Setting an Alert to Track Updates for a Specific Case Docket
- Setting Alerts to Track When New Case Dockets Are Filed
- Setting an Alert to Track When a New Tentative Ruling Containing Your Keywords Is Issued
- Adding Alert Recipients and Excluding Yourself from Alert Notifications
- Alert Settings
Party / Corporation Research
Motions & Issues Directory
State Rules Library
Court Comparison Add-On
Searching for CA Tentative Rulings on Smart Search
Using a combination of keywords and Boolean operators, you may search for CA tentative rulings across CA state trial courts.
Follow these steps to search for California tentative rulings on Smart Search:
- Enter the keywords you want into the Smart Search search bar at the top of the Trellis homepage (such as your legal issue, motion type, judge, opposing counsel, etc.).
- Use Boolean operators with your keywords to focus your search, such as AND or OR.
- Be sure to select California as the state you want to search in on the dropdown menu to the right of the search bar. When you have CA selected, you are searching across the state trial courts in CA.
- Click on the Rulings tab to review the results of your search and navigate to any rulings that interest you.