Los Angeles Superior Court Documents and Cook County Illinois documents are free depending on your subscription. For other counties, clicking the "Get Document" button will allow you to purchase the document.
LASC - Request Documents - Watch Video
- Enter the keywords you want into the Smart Search search bar at the top of the Trellis homepage (such as your legal issue, motion type, judge, opposing counsel, etc.).
- Use Boolean operators with your keywords to focus your search, such as AND or OR.
- Select one or more states you want to search in (CA, NY, TX, etc.) using the dropdown menu to the right of the search bar. When you have a particular state selected, you are searching across the state trial courts of that state.
- Click on the Dockets tab to review the results of your search, and click on any Docket that interests you.
- "Get Documents" from LASC / Cook County IL (For Free Depending on Your Subscription): On the Docket page for a Los Angeles Superior Court or Circuit Court of Cook County, IL case, clicking on the “Get Document” button will prompt us to manually “fetch” the document for you from the county court website. Our team will download the document and email it to you in PDF format within four business hours or less for free. When you press “Get Document” on the Docket page, you will see the pop-up below:
- "Get Documents" for Purchase: On the Docket page for other counties outside of Los Angeles Superior Court and Circuit Court of Cook County, clicking on the “Get Document” button will lead you to a “Purchase Document” pop-up which displays the cost of the document. If you click “Purchase Document,” we will electronically “fetch” the document for you from the county court website, charge you, and email it to you in PDF format within minutes:
- Document Thumbnails (For Free and for Purchase): On the Docket page, you may also see a list of Document Thumbnails with document titles and filing dates under the heading “Case Documents.” In this area, we’ve simply listed all of the downloadable documents on a Docket for your ease of access.
Clicking on any of these Document Thumbnails will function identically to clicking the “View Document,” “View Tentative Ruling,” and “Get Document” buttons, depending on the document.
Document Fetching (purchase docs) - Watch Video