Trellis Support

How do I search for a tentative ruling issued by the court?

Trellis has a database of tentative rulings and in some cases of all the motions in a case.

Finding documents is as simple as a Google search.... search by keyword, issue, motion type, opposing counsel, etc., on the Smart Search page. Then click on the Rulings tab.

Some examples:

  • anti-slapp
  • equitable indemnity and contractual indemnity
  • terminating sanctions
  • civil code section 3294
  • motion summary judgment & wrongful termination
  • BC627574

You can also use these modifiers and booleans:

  • judge:abbott
  • "damages" AND "injuries" AND "relief" 
  • "modify" OR "amend"
  • "motion for summary judgment"
  • negligen*
  • "motion" AND ("dismiss" OR "summary")

And finally, you can fill in county, judge, type, party, case name, case number, and dates:

Did you find it helpful? Yes No

Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.